The flash reading was ugly:
The final reading is only slightly less ugly.
- Q3 capex +1.5% q/q
- Q3 private consumption +0.1% q/q (down from the prelim reading, check out that link above for more prelims and priors)
- external demand contrictuon to GDP was -0.6%
- domestic demand contribution to GDP was +0.4%
The deflator reading was -0.3% y/y. This is an indicator of inflation .
Other data out at the same time:
BoP Current Account Balance for October -64.1bn yen
- expected 621.7bn, prior 909.3bn
Bop Current Account Adjusted -690.4bn yen
- expected 354.7bn yen, prior 670.7bn
Trade Balance Basis -1875.4bn yen
- expected -1825.7bn, prior -1759.7bn
Earlier from Japan:
Note that what Japan Inc. wants it often gets .